WETBE2022: 1st Workshop on Exponential Technologies in Business and Economics
Lisboa, Portugal, October 20-22, 2022
- Deadline for paper submission: 5th July, 2022
- Notification of paper acceptance: 25th July, 2022
- Deadline for final versions and conference registration: 30th July, 2022
- Conference dates: October 20-22, 2022 (In the context of ICITA2022 )
The latest developments of new technologies offer new challenges and opportunities. Deloitte defines exponential technology as “innovations progressing at a pace with or exceeding Moore’s Law” that evidence a renaissance of innovation, invention, and discovery and have the potential to positively affect billions of lives.” It is important to study this new reality in social and business settings. The purpose of this workshop is discuss the application and impact in business and economical environment of technologies like AI, RPA, Blockchain and Metaverse. In order to make heavy use of those technologies in business and daily life, its effectiveness needs to be scientifically evaluated. This workshop aims to promote and collect contributions from researchers in various fields and perspectives such as technology-related management, social sciences, and engineering. Given the current state of technologies, this workshop is expected to focus on the impact of the following technologies: artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, blockchain and metaverse
Paper Submission and Format Guidelines
The following types of papers can be submitted:
- Finished or consolidated R&D work, to be included in one of the Conference themes. These papers are assigned a 10-page limit.
- Ongoing works with relevant preliminary results, open to discussion. These papers are assigned a 7-page limit.
Submitted papers for review must comply with the format of Lecture Notes in Network Systems Series (Pending Approval) (see Instructions for Authors at Springer Website), be written in English, must not have been published before, not be under review for any other conference or publication and not include any information leading to the authors’ identification. Therefore, the authors’ names, affiliations and bibliographic references should not be included in the version for evaluation by the Program Committee. This information should only be included in the camera-ready version, saved in Word or Latex format and also in PDF format. These files must be accompanied by the filled ‘Consent to Publish’ form. All files need to compressed e.g., ( a ZIP file), and uploaded at the conference management system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wetbe2022
All papers will be subjected to a “double-blind review” by at least three members of the Program Committee.
Based on Program Committee evaluation, a paper can be rejected or accepted by the Workshop Chairs. In the later case, it can be accepted as the type originally submitted. Thus, full papers can be accepted as full papers only.
Poster papers and Company papers are not published in the Conference Proceedings, being only presented and discussed. The authors of accepted poster papers should build and print a poster to be exhibited during the Conference. This poster must follow an A1 vertical format. The Conference includes Work Sessions where these posters are presented and orally discussed, with a 7-minute limit per poster.
The authors of accepted full papers will have 15 minutes to present their work in a Workshop Work Session; approximately 5 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation.
To ensure that a full paper is published, at least one of the authors must be fully registered by the 20th of June 2022, and the paper must comply with the suggested layout and page-limit. Additionally, all recommended changes must be addressed by the authors before they submit the camera-ready version. Full papers will be published in Proceedings of ICITA2022 Conference (https://www.icita.world/)by Springer, in Lecture Notes in Network System series (Pending Approval). Poster and company papers will not be published, just presented in the conference. Published Full papers will be submitted for indexation by ISI, SCOPUS, and Google Scholar, among others, and will be available in the SpringerLink Digital Library (Pending Approval).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to a fast track submission into “European Journal of Management Studies” (EJMS): https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/ejms/
List of Topics
- Historial Perspective of Exponential technologies
- Exponential technologies challanges
- Exponential technologies in Business
- Exponential technologies in Finance
- Exponential technologies in Marketing
- Exponential technologies in Human resources
- Exponential technologies and sustainability
- Social impact of exponential technologies
- Exponential technologies in Banking Industry
- Exponential technologies in military context
- Exponential technologies and legacy systems
- Exponential technologies and maturity
- Exponential technologies Governance
- Exponential technologies and communication
- Managing Exponential technologies
Carlos J. Costa, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
Cláudio Larieira, FGV, Brazil
- Andreas Karatsolis Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Carlos J. Costa, Universidade de Lisboa; Portugal
- Claudio Larieiro, FGV, Portugal
- Clay Spinuzzi, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Cristiane Drebes Pedron, Universidade Nove de Julho – UNINOVE, Brazil
- Fernando Bento, ISCTE-IUL, Portugal
- Joao Becker, FGV EAESP, Brazil
- Joaquim Reis, ISCTE-IUL, Portugal
- Manuela Aparicio, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Marcirio Silveira Chaves, PUCRS, Brazil
- Mario Romão, ISEG, Universdidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Marius Branzila, Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi, Romania
- Martinha Piteira, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Reiko Hishiyama, Waseda University, Japan
Not complete. Waiting for confirmations…